Terms and Conditions for IoT Innovation Challenge 2017:
- The innovation challenge is open to teams of three to five student members from the same engineering college and studying in 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th semester; or 3rd / 4th year, residing in India.
- Students must be 18 years or older to participate in the Innovation Challenge.
- There should be a faculty member from the same college identified and authorised by the institution for supporting the students as their internal guide.
- All winners are solely responsible for all applicable taxes and compliances related to the acceptance of the prizes.
- No prize alternative will be offered.
- Prizes are not transferrable. Only members registered in the team at the beginning of the event will be eligible for the prizes.
- All team members should individually register and pay a non-refundable registration fee of Rs.250/= using the payment link sent to registered members.
- Registered members will be required to go through an orientation program and complete the team formation along with identification of college faculty as internal guide.
- There is no limit on the number of student registrations from the same college. Also, there is no limit on the number of teams from the same college. But all teams should have an authorised internal guide identified.
- Each team shall have a team leader and internal guide as primary points of contact for communication.
- All queries and correspondence with IoT innovation challenge 2017 Program Team shall be carried out by the Team Leader and/or Internal Guide.
- Teams shall submit their entries to IoT Innovation Challenge in prescribed format and only through official link provided. Submissions through channels other than prescribed, will not be accepted.
- Each team can submit only one idea as their formal entry to the challenge.
- There can be modifications to the entry till the last date for submission. The final entry will be considered as the formal entry for the challenge.
- Incomplete entries, corrupt files and associated missing/wrong details will disqualify the submission without any further communication.
General Terms and Conditions:
- A workgroup site for Innovation Challenge 2017 will be available for teams to collaborate internally.
- Teams can use workgroup site with credentials provided for all collaboration, document archive and discussions as appropriate within and between teams.
- Teams and Individuals should ensure that workgroup site is used purely for the purposes of collaboration during the Innovation Challenge 2017 and any misuse or abuse might amount to severe consequences legally found appropriate.
- All submissions – including the solution design, prototype shall be original. All sources of information, knowledge or support shall be completely and explicitly referenced.
- All submitted materials shall be presented in English.
- Personal Information submitted for the Innovation Challenge will be kept confidential.
- Organisers and the Program Team reserves the right to amend IoT Innovation Challenge, Terms and Conditions and Rules of the Challenge at any time. Same will be communicated to all Registered Participants.
- By entering into the Challenge, all participants confirm that they have complied with all applicable laws and their institutions’ rules and regulations.
- Organisers and the Program Team are not responsible for any damage, loss, or disappointment suffered by participants who take part in this Innovation Challenge, or who wish to participate in the Challenge.
Intellectual Property Rights and Right of Use
- By entering into the Innovation Challenge, participants agree that submitted entry information and associated artefacts through the Challenge, could be used as a part of contest-related public communications and promotional materials without any additional payment or permission from authors.
- Organisers and Program Team have the right to use, publish and showcase aspects of challenge entries, in part or entirely, in anyway deemed appropriate. Participants warrant that they have legal right to grant Program Team these rights and they agree to compensate the organisers and Program Team in cases of any damage or loss because of falsified information that has been provided by the participant any time during the course of the Challenge.
- Copyright of all submissions will remain with the authors.
- Intellectual Property shall remain with the owners. In cases where the teams are mentored by an external expert nominated by Buoyanci, the Intellectual Property rights will be shared with Buoyanci and the Expert as combined owners.